a condition caused by having an okay Medicaid plan but feeling overwhelmed by the thought of switching. Symptoms may include missing out on extra benefits you can use, not enough doctors to choose from, and confusion about your options. The best treatment is to switch to a plan that fits your needs.
You can switch to Anthem before March 31
Your health plan is your choice. If you want a new health plan, now is the time — and it’s easy to do.
How to switch to Anthem
You can switch your health plan in one of these ways:
Send an email to Nevada Medicaid.
Make sure to include your name and Medicaid ID, and the names and Medicaid IDs of the main insurance holder and any children in the home.
Call your local Medicaid District Office at
775-687-1900 (Northern Nevada) or
702-668-4200 (Southern Nevada)
Download and fill out an MCO change form and mail to:
Attn. MCO Changes
P.O. Box 30042
Reno, NV, 89520
If you were assigned to Anthem, you don't have to to do anything to stay with us!
It’s worth it to switch to Anthem!
Choose from high-quality providers
We work with thousands of leading doctors and hospitals to help you with the care you need. Use our search tool to see all the providers in our plan.
Enjoy extra benefits with Anthem
You receive all your standard Nevada Medicaid or Check Up benefits, plus extras to make your life easier.
Extras to Live Well
- Free Costco Gold membership per family
- Weight Watchers (WW) voucher for eligible members
- Up to $100 for gym membership for eligible members
- Anthem mobile app to manage your health on the go
- Fresh fruit and vegetable home delivery for eligible members
- $100 of pain management therapeutic devices for members with chronic conditions
Extras for Kids
- Free Boys & Girls Club memberships for kids ages 5-14 every year
- Free sports physical each year for kids ages 6-18
- Free one-on-one tutoring for kids ages 8-17 (up to 24 hours)
- Free subscription to Calm app
Extras for new and expecting parents
- Custom meal prep and delivery for pregnant women or eligible new moms
- Transportation for parents with kids under age 5 – choose a one-month bus pass, $50 Uber card, or $50 gas card
- Electric breast pump
- Baby essentials bundle. New moms pick two:
- Breastfeeding pillow
- Breastfeeding support kit
- Car seat
- Portable crib
- Safe sleep kit
- Microwave sterilizer
- Microwave steam bags
- Video baby monitor
- Baby proof items - plug protectors, doorknob covers, cabinet & drawer latches
- Books for Babies program
- Healthy Rewards maternity program – earn rewards for going to your doctor visits
Extras for taking the next step
- Industry certification exam fee at no cost
- GED/Nevada High School Equivalency Test prep class and exam
- Free laptop and up to $300 to cover the cost of internet services for members transitioning from incarceration and pursuing employment/education
- Life transition kit for eligible members with first aid supplies, dental hygiene supplies, Subway gift card, and an emergency blanket
- $25 to put toward college application fees for members ages 17 and up
Note: Some benefits have eligibility requirements.